Friday, February 10, 2012

Rideback - Episode 8: "Get Ride! The Chosen One"

That’s not a proper conjugation. Well, I guess we’ll find out for sure if these motorcycles are magical or not. That’s the world really needs: magic motorcycles with arms.

LAST TIME: The ballerina spent the majority of the time in police custody being mopey. The alien guy is a wanted terrorist, as we figured out already, and now they’ve sprung the ballerina from prison for some reason. Let’s hope nothing super terrible happens.

0:10 What you don’t want to see when you wake up, number 7 in a set.

0:32 His knee pads look like those creepy forest spirits from Princess Mononoke.

1:24 Yeah…I totally remember those scenes, no need to remind me.

1:40 I’m a terrorist, I guess.

2:20 Oh good, they took off the handcuffs. I was concerned for a moment.

4:36 Kleenex, still used in the dystopian future.

5:13 What? The major battle that turned the world balance happened in Arizona? I find that that unlikely.

6:30 Hang on, she has been reading all this out loud? To who? Is there someone else there?

7:10 See what I did there! I made a pun about explosives!

7:32 GPS 2.0, people all commenting on people’s locations and tech reporters saying what a big deal it is.

8:07 That was super sexy, the way he refused to allow an air strike, judging by that lady’s look.

9:01 Oh right! All these people apparently go to college. I kinda forgot.

9:38 And yet here I sit not actually doing anything to help, oh well.

10:19 You are going to wash my rideback! Chop chop.

10:36 Oh…that rideback had some creepy fingernails.

11:33 She just had a ballerina flashback somehow.

12:20 Super dramatic revving up noise!

13:03 Oh no it’s….that guy! (I don’t know who that guy is.)

13:32 Oh okay, the ridebacks are not magic, they just have an advanced UI that is super complicated to use. I guess that’s fine.

14:23
Wooo gnarly backflip bro! Also, ballerina’s totally falling for the pretty boy terrorist.

15:21 I guess they’re not all that concerned about being wanted criminals, so they just go riding around in the countryside like it’s Sunday?

16:24 I am suddenly mad at you now!

16:42 The ridebacks just kissed. And now the world is all slow and romancey.

17:29 Oh man, things are looking bad wherever the hell this is!

18:08 I mean, that’s just rude!

18:39 And he’s off to go shoot the ballerina, maybe? Why did he get his gun out?

19:15 Oh man, booby traps again! You’d think we would have learned already.

20:00 Guy! You have a gun on your rideback! Use that! Why do you have a little pistol too?

20:24 She’s just been sitting there? Doesn’t she hear the gunfire?

21:04 The men are committing war atrocities here, honey, just be quiet.

21:52 They always stomp on the headsets after they are done talking to the enemy. Why? Are they afraid the enemy will assume they still want to talk later? “Hey, I understand we still hate each other, but just wondering if you saw this week’s Glee?”

23:33 What is up secondary characters who haven‘t appear once this episode! Still being useless? Great!

23:44 Everyone! Everyone doesn’t like a pun.

Verdict: Eh…I don’t like the romance subplot, because it seems really forced, and I definitely don’t get how a single rebel group taking out one compound suddenly gives them complete control over the world’s government. But hey, I guess that wasn’t the point, it’s probably a metaphor or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment